Everyone enjoys staying in a great hotel. Plus, hotels provide the luxury of being able to make a mess and having someone else clean up after you. Here are some of the top hotel travel tips to help you make the most out of your next hotel visit.
Hotel Travel Tips
- While selecting a hotel, check to see how far away it is from any places you plan on visiting such as beaches, shops, restaurants, and any places that you plan on exploring. Hotels will sometimes use misleading phrases and claim that they are “near the beach” but are not in walking distance at all.
- It’s always better to select a hotel with a quality restaurant nearby. These types of restaurants usually open early and don’t close until later. This will come in handy if you return late from your day. If the restaurant is open 24 hours, this is even better, since who doesn’t love the option to get a meal or snack any time of the day?
- Be sure to check online reviews for the hotel you are looking to stay at; obviously, fewer negative reviews are better. Another trick is to check any travel guidebooks for any type of rating that they have given the hotel. For example, if you check this hotel near KLCC, you will find that it is a great hotel to stay at.
- Ask for a recommendation from a friend or family member. If you know anyone who has already visited where you are going, get his or her feedback on the hotel that he or she stayed at and any recommendations. Personal recommendations are always better than a stranger’s.
- Be sure to book your reservation early. This will help you to get all the amenities you are looking for. This could be a non-smoking room, a view, the number or size of beds, etc.
- Check on hotel room extras before booking the room. If you are going to need a rollaway bed or crib, check on this in advance as there are usually a limited number of these available. Plus, it will help save you a headache later on when you actually get to the hotel.
- Try to avoid any rooms near the noisier areas of the hotel. Nobody wants to be woken up early to the sound of the ice machine right outside his or her room door so be sure to ask for your room to be away from the swimming pool, elevators, and ice machines.
- Bring your own pillow. Not only can you use it while sleeping in your room but it can also be used while travelling. If you’re in an airplane, you can use it as a travel pillow. If you’re driving, you can use it as a car pillow if you need to take a nap.
- As soon as you get to your hotel room, take the comforter or bedspread and put it in the closet or corner of the room and then call room service for some extra blankets. Although the sheets on the beds of hotels are usually washed daily, the bedspreads are not.
These are some of the best tips for when you check into a hotel. By following these tips, you will ensure that you have a great vacation and an enjoyable hotel stay.