Are you all packed for relaxing and thoroughly appreciating Greece’s stunning landscapes, rich culture, and ancient history? If yes, then great, but what about your travel insurance? Have you thoroughly done your travel insurance comparison as it is a ticket of assurance for safe travel against untimely circumstances with an additional wide range of offers and benefits to fill your trip with astonishing experiences.
Furthermore, a travel insurance policy ensures you are covered for medical expenses, lost baggage, trip cancellations, and flight delays, and it further helps protect you from any unanticipated circumstance.
Also, geo-specific travel insurance plans, such as travel insurance for Greece, offer tailored benefits, including special coverage for activities like island hopping or water activities. With the right travel insurance for Greece, you can make the best of Greece’s experience.
Advantages of Travel Insurance to Greece
When you have a backup of a good travel insurance plan, you are up for a safe and sound travel experience that will ease your travel and cover you for significant travel emergencies. So let us understand the advantages of travel insurance when travelling to Greece-
- Your travel insurance policy covers accidents and medical emergencies that include the cost of hospitalisation, any medical treatment, and any prescription medication made by the doctor.
- You are also provided coverage in case you are evacuated for medical treatment.
- In case of untimely death, you are given coverage for the repatriation of remains.
- If your trip were shortened because of some emergency, your insurance company would provide coverage for any costs related to missed or unused reservations.
- If you miss your flight, you will reimburse for all or part of your ticket cost, including prolonged delay – meals, accommodation, etc.
- Some insurance providers would reimburse you for possessions if your baggage was robbed or there was luggage lost. Nevertheless, you must provide receipts for all lost items, and there is a cap on how much the insurance company will shield. Luxury or hi-tech items are covered based on your coverage.
- Personal liability coverage provides coverage for financial loss in case you cause damage to someone’s property or person while you are in Greece.
Reasons To Have Travel Insurance When Travelling From India To Greece
Greece is the best place for people fond of exploring ancient sites and gorgeous beaches. But there are specific situations that travellers can encounter while visiting Greece, such as scams and pickpocketing, and being in a whole different country can add stress in such situations.
Further medical emergencies and flight-related risks can happen to anyone, adding monetary stress to your pocket. In addition, there can be circumstances in case there is a flight delay or check-in luggage delay resulting in extra cost.
But with travel insurance for a Greece visa, these financial losses get covered, providing financial assistance for any emergency during your trip to Greece. In addition, your insurance company will be bound to pay for any expenses or losses arising from unpredictable incidents during your trip to Greece.
Essential to Know When Applying for a Travel Visa to Greece
- Indians must note that their tourist visas are non-extendable and non-convertible.
- The visa applications should be lodged at least 15 calendar days before departure.
- The applications should be submitted at the most earlier than 3 months before departure.
- You need to note that the visa is authenticated from the date of issue and not from the date of travel.
- Just acceptance of a visa application does not ensure a guaranteed visa grant. The duration of the visa granted to you is the sole choice of the Greece Embassy/Consulate. No claims and correspondences shall be weighed in this regard.
Greece visa fees (Indian citizens): ₹4680/-
Additional service fee: ₹1560/-
Documents required for your Greece application
- A fully completed and signed visa application form
- 2 recent passport-sized photos (size of 3.5 x 4 cm), in colour,
- The photo should be facing forward and shall have a white background. Also, note that the forehead and ears must be visible, with no heavy jewellery. The photo should be of high quality, and not glossy.
- The passport issued to the traveller must be within the last ten years and valid for at least 3 months containing at least two blank visa pages.
- It is important to have medical insurance coverage of a minimum of INR 23,60,966 covering the cost of medical and medical repatriation, which is valid in all Schengen countries during the whole validity of the issued visa.
- The travellers must have flight reservations for return or round tickets.
- Travellers must have documents related to their hotel booking, rental of a vacation home, or campus occupancy reservation.
- If the applicant plans to stay with a friend, he must show proof of sponsorship or private accommodation from the host.
- Original copies of private bank statements showing movements in the last three months, duly stamped and signed by the bank.
Travel insurance is a must-have when planning a trip to Greece as it offers a wide range of benefits, such as medical coverage, lost baggage coverage, flight delay coverage, and even trip cancellation coverage. In addition, a decent travel insurance policy ensures a stress-free travel experience as you are covered against most unanticipated circumstances. So get ready for a memorable travel experience to Greece with the best travel insurance plan.