Sri Lanka is among the most visited tourist destinations in the world. This is greatly attributed to unique land features, wildlife, heritage sites, beautiful beaches and welcoming people among many other reasons. Every year, thousands of tourist from all over the world tour Sri Lanka to enjoy the best moment of their lifetime. The population of Sri Lanka is made up of diverse individuals from different religions, ethnicity and language. The main economic activities in Sri Lanka include tea farming, tourism, rice production and textile. The following are the top 5 good reasons for touring Sri Lanka.
– Every aspect in Sri Lanka is distinct. Apart from human population which is made up of people from different parts of the world, Sri Lanka is also full of distinct tourist attractions. Each tour destination will leave you with a distinct tour experience
– Physical features comprises of rocky landscape, adorable beaches, lagoons, rivers, rainforest and wetlands. Wildlife population in the country is made up of leopards, elephants, monkeys, giant squirrels, birds and many others. While the plants comprise of hundreds of unique plant and tree species.
– Despite its small size, Sri Lanka has the highest biodiversity in Asia. Travelers prefer visiting Sri Lanka since they will never get bored while on their stay in Sri Lanka.
Adventure and fun sports
– Sri Lanka is an island country and has a coastline which extends to over 1500 kilometers. This definitely means more number of beaches and other coastal features to explore. There are rivers and other amazing geographical features that will add taste to your tour.
– Touring the beaches and other coastal features will not only leave you with an amazing tour experience and adventure but you will also get a chance to enjoy sports.
– This makes it ideal to visit Sri Lanka anytime of the year because of availability of fun activities to engage year at any time of the year The following are some of the key attractions activities; white water rafting, kayaking, water skiing, Scatting. Scuba diving and camping among many other fun activities.
Culture and traditions
– Sri Lanka has a rich historical background and most communities still observe their traditions despite the high numbers of immigrants. There are six archeological sites that documents the ancient times.
– Life on the island is estimated to be more than 100000 years. There are evident ancient features and stories of early life in Sri Lanka. Touring the archeological sites will give you a detailed history of Sri Lanka.
– There are also colorful cultural celebrations and festivals all year long that attract visitors from all over the world. This combined together with different national and religion celebrations make Sri Lanka one of the lively and jovial country to tour. Celebrations are normally accompanied with colorful art, music and variety of food.
Delicious food and hotels
– Variety of traditional cuisines makes a visit to this island country one of its kind. Most meals have rice, spices and coconut as their main ingredients. Traditional meals here are a combination of different tastes which include colonization, neighboring country India and foreign traders.
– There are also a plentiful of world class hotels which serve only traditional meals and drinks. The dining experience in these hotels will definitely make you come back again in future. Main mouthwatering meals include; kool, lamprais, kottu and hoppers.
– Sri Lanka population is made up of people from different parts of the world. It is made up of different ethnic, religious and cultural groups from different parts of the world. There still exist the ancient indigenous communities.
– Existence of a variety of people in Sri Lanka is an indication that the settlers are welcoming and hospitable.
– One can easily interact with the warm and friendly locals. It is also easy to get company or just a warm welcome to the home of the residents.
Sri Lanka is definitely the choice for many travelers due to a combination of unique tourist attraction features. A holiday spent in the country will indeed leave you with a lasting touring experience that will make you want to visit the country again in the future. Apply for a Sri Lankan visa for the chance to explore the ultimate tourist destination.